I’ve seen a few other devs (like Wes & Elijah) post about the tools they use and thought I’d share some details about my setup. Hopefully it’s helpful to you!
- I write code in VS Code. I use the Nord Theme. I’m using the San Francisco Mono font.
- I don’t do much design, but I love when designers hand off files in Sketch. I’ve worked with Adobe XD and it’s not bad either.
- I use iTerm2 for my terminal. I’m using San Francisco Mono there too, with my own color scheme. In iTerm, I use oh-my-zsh with my own custom prompt
- I love Alfred and have the Powerpack license.
- I work from a MacBook Pro. When I’m home, it’s hooked up to two external monitors: one portrait (for code and documents) and one landscape.
- I use an adjustable garage work table. It looks a bit basic, but it’s just what I need.
- I stand on a Topo Anti-Fatigue Mat by ErgoDriven. Sometimes I like to sit for a bit, and I bought a cheap tall stool for that.
- I like music, and listen to on Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Bookshelf Speakers driven by this amp. I also use AirPods Pro for calls/meetings and Anker SoundCore Space NC headphones when I need to block background noise more.
None of the links here are affiliate links; these are just resources I’m happy to recommend.